We are recruiting! We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineer Team Leader to join our innovative business supporting R & D Projects that will allow a step change in UK Agriculture practices by creating novel technologies.
We are seeking an individual to lead the hardware development team at an Ag-Tech innovation company with strong industry links. The individual should have industrial experience working in an engineering role (ideally in electronics, but mechanical with electronics experience also considered) and some experience managing projects and teams. An understanding of the agriculture industry would be desirable but not essential.
Most of our projects combine hardware and software in outdoors/on farm environments so a broad skillset is required. Including:
- Embedded PCs
- Circuit design
- Component specification
- Remote connectivity (4G, LoRa)
- Designing for extreme environments (IP Rating)
- Basic Coding
- Practical ability to install/maintain systems on farm vehicles
- Design and build of prototype systems
- Commercialisation work on successfully demonstrated prototypes
- Working with management to curate hardware development strategy
- Managing the delivery of multiple development threads simultaneously
- Managing a mixed team of mechanical, electrical and software engineers